The following terms apply when submitting or contributing “User Generated Content” (UGC) (including reviews or posts) to The Kamugasa Challenge (TKC). By UGC we mean a wide variety of media content that may be produced by our audience (including guest bloggers) as opposed to content produced at TKC.
Please take the time to read and understand them, because you should not use any of our website unless you agree to these terms.
1. What we will do for you: We will respect you and your privacy. We recognise the importance of privacy, so if you are using our website service under a pseudonym we will keep your true identity secret unless we are legally obliged to reveal it. Please note that we may edit or delete the content you provide at any time at our sole discretion, although we have no obligation to review the information you provide.
2. What you should do for us: Please behave responsibly when adding content to our website. By using our website, you agree you to the following:
You will not use our website in any way that is:
• illegal or unlawful, or likely to encourage illegal or unlawful behaviour;
• likely to damage the reputation of TKC;
• likely to be a nuisance, harmful or deceptive to any other person.
Any content you submit or add to the website will:
• be factually accurate and/ or be your genuinely held belief or opinion that is based on facts;
• not be defamatory, obscene or offensive;
• not infringe the copyright, trademarks or any other intellectual property rights of another person;
• not promote your own or your employer’s business or otherwise include any advertising or promotional material.
You will not access any confidential information (including usernames and passwords) of any other person.
You must be over 18 years old or otherwise have the express permission of your parent or guardian to use the website.
If your children use our website, please help us with their online safety by making sure they understand the potential risks of using the internet.
Please tell us as soon as you can if you think someone is misusing our website.
3. Other important things you must know: You take full responsibility for the content you submit or add to our website which means that if you provide content in breach of these terms, you may be required to compensate anyone who suffers as a result.
You grant us a non-exclusive licence to use the content you submit or add to our website. This means that if you submit any content to or share any material with TKC (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) you will retain the copyright in your work. As the non-exclusive licence to TKC is only a permission for us to use the content you can also continue to use your content in any way you wish including using it yourself and/ or allowing others to use it.
Please note that in the majority of instances, TKC does not amend, edit or alter any material submitted for publication on our website. But due to technical or operational limitations, TKC may have to slightly amend content such as cropping images to be able to use them. We endeavour not to make any significant editorial amendments to your work without your consent.
We may need to contact you to authenticate or verify your content and/ or obtain further information about your work. If we are unable to contact you we may be unable to use your content for the particular purpose for which it was submitted. If, for whatever reason, we cannot accept your content or have to reject it if it breaches the terms and conditions, we will endeavour to let you know.
Please be advised that we do not pay for any user generated content except in very exceptional circumstances.
4. What happens if you don’t comply with these terms? We will treat any non-compliance as a serious issue, and if we think you have breached any of these terms, we may take any action that we consider appropriate. This may include:
• the temporary or permanent suspension of your access to our website;
• taking legal action against you, possibly to recover any financial loss that we have suffered as a result of your actions; or
• publishing a statement on our website detailing your actions.